Home Assessment Manager
Job Description - Closes 4/5/2019
Rebuilding Together of the Triangle (RTT) provides critical repairs, modifications and home performance upgrades to low-income homeowners in central North Carolina. By mobilizing donated funds, in-kind supply contributions, and volunteer and contract labor, we restore safe, healthy and efficient homes for families in need across the Triangle region.
Summary of Position
The Home Assessment and Selection Manager will join a professional, talented and compassionate team working to preserve safe, healthy homes for low-income Triangle homeowners. A successful applicant will work directly with RTT’s professional staff, community partners, investors and volunteers to identify and evaluate homeowners in need of repair and modification services. The Manager will provide comprehensive assessment of the repair interventions needed by each qualified applicant, and will work collaboratively with RTT’s staff and other service provider partners in the community to design a plan for each applicant selected for service. The Manager will be responsible for supervising RTT’s home selection process, including supervising the Program Coordinator position, and will work proactively with RTT’s partners to provide excellent, comprehensive repair, modification and energy efficiency services to families across RTT’s central NC service area.
The Home Assessment and Selection Manager can expect to serve in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, where personal and professional growth is prioritized. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise an efficient homeowner application process, in conjunction with our partner agencies.
· Coordinate client services, including:
1. Oversee the eligibility verification process
2. Ensure client and project documents are managed effectively
3. Conduct home evaluations designed to understand both the condition of the home and the distinct needs of the occupants. This assessment should be inclusive of issues related to accessibility, building code compliance, habitability, and natural resource efficiency.
4. Prepare comprehensive work scopes, with specifications and budget cost estimates for RTT’s construction team and service provider partners.
5. Work proactively with RTT construction staff and service provider partners to resolve issues that arise with repair projects, with a goal of providing excellent service to clients as efficiently as possible.
· Represent RTT in various regional home repair consortiums focused on improving client services.
· Collaborate with RTT’s community partners to operate shared homeowner waiting list and joint service log.
· Collaborate with regional home repair consortiums to develop a strategy and work plans for each home selected for service.
· Directly supervise Program Coordinator and future staff positions as assigned
· Home Assessment Manager may be required to support RTT rebuild events, participate in fund development and communication activities, and complete other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Experience, Skills, and Abilities Required
· High school diploma or equivalent and at least five (5) years of experience in home repair, residential homebuilding, architecture, structural engineering, home inspection or a related field.
· At least two (2) years of documented experience directly supervising employees.
· Strong competency with Microsoft Office suite and Google Apps, and ability to learn new project management systems
· Demonstrated excellence in client and or customer service
· Experience with vulnerable populations; including seniors, people living with disabilities, immigrants, and people of color
· Ability to effectively and professionally represent the organization in the community and with individual clients
· Demonstrated experience negotiating and practicing effective conflict resolution
· Ability to complete tasks independently
· Desire to work in a team environment that is dependent on clear communication, supportive behavior, and respect for the skills, talents and role of each individual
· Ability to prioritize critical tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, digest information quickly, and meet essential deadlines
· Ability to analyze information and apply creative solutions to complex challenges
Additional Skills and Experience Desired
· Experience with home rehabilitation, specification, and scope development software
· Experience with Salesforce
· Ability to speak Spanish fluently
The Home Assessment Manager must be able to sit and stand for long periods, and must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry 50 lbs. The Manager must also have dexterity to safely and effectively inspect homes comprehensively, including attics, crawlspaces, basements and other confined spaces.
The applicant must have a valid Driver’s License, have a driving record acceptable to RTT’s insurance company, and have reliable transportation. Frequent travel throughout RTT’s central North Carolina service area is expected. Overnight travel may be required infrequently for meetings and conferences.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk), exempt position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience; starting salary range for this position will be between $40,000 and $45,000. RTT provides employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance to all full-time employees. RTT will endeavor to provide a vehicle for work related travel; however, if a vehicle is unavailable, mileage driven with a personal vehicle will be reimbursed at the IRS-published rate.
Please send resume, cover letter and list of three professional references to Rebuilding Together of the Triangle 200 Trans Air Drive Suite 200 Morrisville, NC 27560, or email to email@example.com with ‘Home Assessment Manager Position’ in the subject line.
Rebuilding Together of the Triangle is an equal opportunity employer. RTT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.