About Rebuilding Together of the Triangle
Rebuilding Together is the nation’s largest nonprofit organization working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize neighborhoods by providing home repair and renovation services free of charge to those in need. Rebuilding Together of the Triangle (RTT) is the local affiliate, serving low-income homeowners in Wake, Durham, Orange and Chatham counties.
Often, the people we serve are elderly, disabled, veterans and/or families with children. Since our inception in the Triangle, we have completed significant repairs to more than 300 homes for low-income families and 20 nonprofits. Many of our projects include repairs like:
- Build wheelchair ramps.
- Widen doorways & modify bathrooms for accessibility.
Replace outlets & repair unsafe wiring.
Repair damaged subfloors and flooring.
Clean out or replace gutters.
- Install insulation, air sealing & appropriate ventilation.
- Replace HVAC units.
Replace leaking faucets, toilets & pipes
Install railings & grab bars.
Patch leaking roofs.
- Replace rotten siding & trim.
- Replace drywall.
- Clear overgrown yards.
- Paint interior & exterior surfaces.
In doing so, we walk away from a home having completed repairs that literally change the lives of homeowners and volunteers alike.
Board of Directors
As a charitable nonprofit, RTT embraces the values of accountability and transparency as a matter of ethical leadership, as well as legal compliance.
- Our financials are audited annually
- We are registered with the State’s Certified Division
- All IRS Form 990s, audits and other financial information is public record and available upon request